Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Hello transfer day! Bye bye office

So it's transfer day, there will be departing missionaries and there will be new arriving missionaries. I've got the chance to spent few days with the departing missionaries. As I have asked them how're they feeling right now, they said that it was weird and it's just like a dream. They have served well and they have done their best that's why they are going proud and with honor. I'm so excited to hear what will be going to happen after their mission life.

departing missionaries took rest for awhile

Pose pose rin syempre! haha

It was fun to be with them but there are effects to that. The office was like it was run over by a storm. Every transfer day it will be always like this. Haha. I feel bad for the one who's cleaning the office

their luggage all in the office 


Sorry for my desk haha
 Yesterday was transfer calls, so we know that some of the missionaries will stay in their areas or they will be transferred to another and/or they will TRAIN. So as an Office Elder, I got the chance to see and served the trainers and trainees in the mission. It's good that that was my last day as an office elder.

The trainers were so excited to see who are they going to train. Some of the trainers are new trainers some are used to being a trainer haha.

After the missionaries have arrived Sister Maughan and us, who're assigned in the office, gave an orientation about the mission, culture, health, do's and don'ts, etc. While we are orienting them, the Assistants were giving a short workshop to the Trainers. So that they will be a good trainers to their trainees. For me, 12 weeks training is the most delicate and vital part in the mission because this is where you will set your foundations and your perspective in the mission. So good luck trainers!!

Sister Maughan orienting the trainees

Elder Calumpang and mine's turn

eating with the trainers


President Maughan with the Assistants, prayed and studied each new missionaries in order for him to give the best and right trainer for them. It is not just they pick someone and tell them to be companions. They do it in the Lord's way. If they think they will be compatible, President will pray for it and the Lord will confirm it through the Holy Ghost. They will feel swell in their hearts if they made right decisions. It is really amazing how the God really want us to decide. I've seen my mother always doing this whenever she is in a scenario where she doesn't know what to do. I am really blessed that I've know how to get counsel to the God.

So this is how they ended up. First, the trainers were called and then they told where they were assigned. Then their new companions were called :D

Sister Arce(left) with her new companion

Sister Cook (right) with her new companion

Elder Emfield (right) with his new companion

Elder Altejar (right) with his new companion

Elder Lockhart (right) with his new companion

Elder Velasco (right) with his new companion

It's not complete. I just picked random pictures of them because the post will be so long if I put them all here haha sorry.

At the end of the day, it didn't change the fact that we were leaving the office. It's sad, I didn't really think that I was going to miss the office. But I just realized that maybe the departing missionaries feel the same as I did. They were released as a missionary and they were released to the things, missionary stuff, they get used to for about two years (for Elders) or eighteen months (for Sisters). It's so happy to serve God.

It says in the 15th and 16th verse of Section 18 in the Doctrine and Covenants the promise blessing you will receive if you serve God and preach the gospel of Jesus Christ...

 15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
 16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!
I know the feeling and I have witnessed people really changed and become closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I am so happy to part of the Lord's vineyard. Even though I may have few baptisms in my time as a missionary, it is not important. What important is, I have brought myself unto the Father and I will and do what the Lord has expected me to do! Gospel of Jesus Christ really can make you happy :D

So that's how the day ended. Thank you for the crew who helped us this transfer day. What a exhausting day we got! But it was all worth it! :)

Special thanks to Elder Hall and Elder Dela Rosa for helping us in the Office!

Selfie FULL FORCE (Assistants, Office Elders, Zone Leaders, and Elder Hall)
That's it!
Email me all on Monday!

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment