Saturday, October 1, 2016

Everything worked out

Nothing really happened this week we just went out more in the field. We were advice by President Maughan to go out more in the field if we are already done with the office works. Especially because we are already tri-some. 

Of course, there are a lot of struggles this week but eventually got resolved. I know that the Lord will not abandoned us, He will be with us specially during times that we are down.

I really love the 88th verse in Section 84 of the Doctrine and Covenants, and I read it every time I'm feeling down.

 "...for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."

Anyways, let's focus on the bright side...

Jessica sells Pan de Bisaya to
to help her mother financially

We met this girl while we were having haircut. She approached us and asked if we want to buy her pan/bread. We recognized that she knew that we are missionaries because she called us "Elder! Elder!". We talked to her and asked her background. Her name is Jessica, and she's 13 years-old. She walks and sells all day whenever she doesn't have classes to help her mom financially. What a buotan girl! We were impressed because at a young age she has the sense of responsibility to help her mother. But it doesn't end there. Jessica is also a talented girl. She has a pretty singing voice.





She listens to the missionaries who are teaching near their house. She is really interested to our message and looking forward to have the chance to attend church in Lilo-an Chapel. I really am happy to met her. She inspires me to help the young generations to be like her example. I salute you Jessica!

We had a chance to have a family home evening with Sison Family. I was the one assigned in the Lesson. I was inspired to teach about how the gospel helps us to stay away from temptations. I used a simple object lesson-- a bottle cap, two glasses, and water. We should follow all of the Gospel and teachings of Jesus Christ in order for us to keep ourselves away from temptations. Despite of really trying hard, Satan will always step up his game to tempt us and make our life miserable. It will only take effect if we let him take control of our lives.

Elder Hall conducting the meeting


Doing physics; they were amazed



I am grateful with my companions who helped me to be motivated and be back on track! They made this week really fun despite of struggles and problems we got. I still owe it to the Lord for giving me wonderful companions

Additionals:
Cute face of Klarize, my frienemy. Haha. Model of Lilo-an 2nd Ward







No comments:

Post a Comment