Monday, April 3, 2017

Being a Missionary



I will start my blog using this wonderful picture. This is the in our area. We discovered it while looking for new people to visit and teach. This is one of the reason why I love doing missionary work, aside from meeting new people or new family and friends, we got to see the beautiful places in our area. I don't know if this looks nice to you but for me, I really like it!


Elder Thomas just being normal

Anyhow, we had fun tracting and going door-to-door this week. My companion is very kugihan (hardworking) and funny. Because of him, our work becomes easier (
I'm saying this because I know he is going to read this blog sometime. I hope this will give him a big smile hahaha) Don't get me wrong but preaching the gospel is VERY HARD and TIRING. Other people we met asks us, why we are doing this, it is very tiring and requires a lot of sacrifice, why do we do this. The answer is very simple... it is because we love the Lord.

Jesus said to His disciples...
15 ¶ If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Our pain, afflictions, and temptations was/is also felt by Jesus Christ. I know that because of this, He knows our state, He knows what we are feeling, and He knows how to help us. This is the key for us to be able to receive that help. Through keeping the commandments. My previous companion once said "Commandments are not rules that should just be done. Commandments are the solution for us to be happy". As I ponder about this, it is really true. Commandments are not hindrance to our happiness. That's the blessing of being here in the mission. Even if it is very tiring, I still manage to get up and do this because I know that someday, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ will be proud of what I have accomplished.


me, Sister Villaroya, Sister Lourdes, Sister Tauiliili, Sister Tamuera

 I also got the chance to Baptize Sister Lourdes, investigator from the Sisters. It was very spiritual to see her testify in front of us. Another blessing of being a missionary haha

Extra:
With Shen-shen and Elder Thomas' ear
With the most tabian (loud) kid but the most adorable in the branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment